26 September 2010

Hi and welcome to my blog

Some days back I arrived in Bangalore, India in the middle of the night. The city of Bengaluru - as it is called in the local language Kannada - is the capital of the South Indian state Karnataka. With an estimated population of some 6 million people the town ranks among the Top 40 largest cities around the world. And as far as I can judge it the city is not only big in theory... For some more information about the town, please refer to Wikipedia.

The purpose of my stay in India is quite simple: Having finished my Bachelor studies at ETH Zürich this summer, I am trying to get some practical experience and for this reason I decided to complete an internship at Bühler AG. Bühler has its own affiliate in India since 1992. At the very moment Bühler is establishing an analytics laboratory where I am working. After having absolved some introductive weeks at the Bühler headquarters in Uzwil, I moved to Bangalore. And that is where my blog starts!

I will try to give you some insight into my life and my adventures in India. The blog makes no claim to completeness! I will rather try to highlight the most important, entertaining and breathtaking experiences. As some of you may know I am into photography; as a consequence I am planning to add quite a lot of pictures and to cut down on words.

While staying in Bangalore I would actually like to improve my English. As long as I don't start adapting to the "Indian English" pronunciation with all its peculiarities, this will hopefully be possible. Nonetheless, getting some routine in writing will do me good and for this reason I have decided to write this blog in English.

I hope you will enjoy your stay on this page. Feel free to come back!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen