28 September 2010

Journey ZRH-FRA-BLR

Actually, my journey to India began some days before the take-off: it was time for the journey through the cupboard and drawers. As Lufthansa only allows some 20 kg of luggage on flights to Asia, good planning was essential. By putting all my heavy things into the hand luggage (which normally is not weighed) I finally managed to get the all the material in my bags without hurting the baggage restrictions. Although 20 kg aren't that heavy I was glad that my father accompanied me to the airport and helped hauling the luggage...

It was a big surprise to see my brother Martin at the airport; it was a special farewell I am not used to... But please see for yourself!


My girlfriend Fabienne left Zurich for a business trip to Nice at the same day and same time. This fortunate coincidence allowed us to spend the last minutes together and to say goodbye.

After a short hop to Frankfurt, I continued my journey to Bangalore in a Boeing B 747-400.


The plane was fully booked and as a consequence the available space was very scarce. This gave me a first idea of what to expect in Indian means of transport. But after having travelled in rickshaws and different buses in the last few days, I can assure you that leg space in the Lufthansa Jumbo is little better if at all. Anyway, my legs were thankful when I finally arrived in Bangalore.


A person from the Bühler HR division picked me up and after a hair-raising taxi drive I arrived at the Bühler Guesthouse at 3 o'clock in the morning. After a very short night I took up my employment in the Bühler R&D department. I will tell you more about the Guesthouse and my workplace in some future posts. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen