17 Dezember 2010

A compilation of funny things

I would never dare to claim my English to be flawless. Judging by some signposts on shops, buildings or advertisements my orthography is quite ok, though. Let's have a look at some examples:
Writing terms the exact way they are pronounced is a common practice in India. Why should one care about spelling? 
It took me some time until I realized what "flore" means. Fortunately Bühler's milling business unit knows how to write it correctly. 
Another example of Indian spelling. Even funnier is the fact that "mutton" on restaurant-menus is in fact goat.
But there are also other funny objects around Bangalore:

A tree in Cubbon Park: For once nature has won over human interests!
Have you ever seen a yellowish Mozzarella cheese like that? I can assure you, the color is not the only parameter which sets this cheese far apart from genuine Mozzarella...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen