23 Dezember 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Dear readers, I would like to take the possibility to wish you a nice festive season!

People often asked me about Indian Christmas habits and atmosphere. I have to disappoint you: there is simply not much to write about except for some knickknack in the supermarkets, Christmas tunes on the radio and special adverts in TV. Furthermore Bangalore's climate or the fact that December 24 is an official working day don't intensify my Christmas mood either. Anyway, I found a funny movie which relates Hindi music to Christmas. In case you've never heard a classical Hindi or Bollywood song: the below Hindi Jingle Bells version imitates the local blockbuster songs very well!


At the same time I thank you for your constant interest in my posts; I am proud to having registered more than 1200 visits on my blog so far. There is still capacity for an increase in reader's comments, though ;-). Don't expect too many news in the coming weeks: my days in India are soon to be counted and I am slowly starting to think about my return at the end of January. Time is running so fast these days!

In less than two days, however, I am off to North India for a visit of the so called "Golden Triangle" consisting of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. I will be back with a report in the New Year. Stay tuned!

Best wishes.

1 Kommentar:

  1. After watching the video clip you posted we all wish you a happy and funny Christmas party. The turkey also wishes you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The cashew nuts are excellent but in general we prefered the spicy ones.

    AntwortenLöschen