26 Januar 2011

Last pictures from Bangalore

The countdown is rushing now - only four days to my departure from Bangalore! Hence, I am trying to make the best out of my remaining days: visiting places, spending time with friends, shopping souvenirs, thinking of how to put all my stuff into my bags and last but not least bringing the project at Bühler to an end. As you might expect I am quite busy at this time and thus I was more than happy that the "Indian Republic Day" was celebrated today, resulting in a day off and permitting to post some recent pictures.

Earlier this week I visited the Lalbagh Botanical Garden - one of my favourite places - again. There was a special flower show which made up for great photo opportunities:

Lalbagh's fantastic flower show 
a field of roses 
Indian youth in front of a shrine in Lalbagh Botanical Garden 
a woodpecker in Lalbagh
Today afternoon I joined my German friends Claudia and Ramon to see a sports day of Parikrma Humanity Foundation. Parikrma is a non-profit organization which offers education to unprivileged children in urban India. Claudia is doing voluntary work in one of these schools and offered to take me with them. The children were very cute, happy despite their difficult youth, disciplined and full of motivation. But let's see for yourself:







I will report back before I leave India on January 31. Have a good time till then!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen